Davis County Athletic Director Dave Mason announced Jan. 4 that a new set of spectator guidelines has been put in place for winter sports as the season transitions into the 2021 portion of the season.
The Davis County School district will continue to adopt the two spectators per participant in terms of all athletic events, music events or any activities that involve students.
The following health measures will also be in place for all events that involve the public.
1. Masks MUST be worn at all times while attending an event at Davis County facilities.
2. Only two spectators per competing athlete will be allowed at games.
3. All spectators MUST present a school-issued pass (voucher) before entering the facility.
4. After the contest, all spectators are expected to leave the facility immediately.
5. Spectators MUST social distance six-feet from other family units.
6. The first row of bleachers is off limits to spectators. (Handicap seating only)
7. The first two rows behind the team bench is off limits to spectators (Basketball.)
8. Workers at the event and media will be allowed to fulfill their duties without a voucher. (Sign-in at gate.)
9. Doors will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.
10. We ask that you only attend the game for which you were given the voucher for.
11. We ask that you arrive at the appropriate start time for your respective game.
12. We ask that you exit the facility after your respective game is over.
13. If attending more than one venue on the same night, (middle school and high school) you will get a stamp that will allow you access to both venues.
14. The concession stand will be available. Options will be limited.
15. Cheerleaders from the visiting school will not be allowed to attend Davis County events.
16. Visiting fans will not be allowed to attend Davis County bowling meets.
17. Varsity basketball games will be live-streamed on Ottumwa Radio Sports Facebook/YouTube.
18. Home wrestling meets will be live-streamed on Davis County Athletic Club Facebook.
19. Bowling meets will be live-streamed on Davis County Athletic Club Facebook.