The warmest day of the season greeted visitors to Floris Flag Day on Saturday, June 5.
A huge flag carried by Draven Benge and Adrian Bales led the way for the traditional parade with Roger Brooks as Grand Marshal.
Claire Benge, daughter of Seth and Elizabeth Benge was named Miss Floris, and Noah Huggins, son of Shawna Huggins, was given the title of Mr. Floris during the mid-morning contest.
Lil Miss Floris was Chloe Foreman, daughter of Jenni Russell, and Michael Kimbrell, son of Brent and Amanda Kimbrell, was named Lil Mr. Floris.
The annual baby contest brought out several little ones in four age groups. The results follow:
• 0-3 months: Least hair — Grayson Salladay, son of Austin and Zoe Salladay; Shyest — Gabrielle Matuz, son of Shelby Ernst and Abiel Matuz; Overall winner — Grayson Salladay.
• 4-6 months: Overall winner — Greyson Rutherford, son of Amanda and Kevin Rutherford
• 7-12 months: Bluest eyes, biggest smile — Brindley LaPoint, daughter of Colton LaPoint and Charli Hopkins; Loudest, curliest hair, and brownest eyes— Briggs Johnson, son of Nic Johnson and Shannon Hopwood; Overall winner — Briggs Johnson
• 13-24 months: Shyest — Maverick McSparen, son of Joey McSparen; Bluest eyes, biggest smile, friendliest— Bentley Shipley, son of Jenni Russell and Joe Shipley; Quietest — Gage Whennen, son of Kristena Whennen; Overall winner — Bentley Shipley
• 2- and 3-year-olds: Shyest—Oliver Burnstedt, son of Whitney Engle; Biggest smile — Hunter, son of Colton LaPoint and Charli Hopkins; Curliest hair and brownest eyes — Adelyn Fligg, daughter of Alisha and Bradley Fligg; Quietest baby — Kaylynn Blakley, daughter of C.J. and Miranda Blakley; Overall winner — Nina Woods, daughter of Johnathon and Allison Woods.
During the afternoon competitions, Mike Johnson won the cupcake eating contest and Syrus Benge won the Hula Hoop Contest.